What if I told you that you don’t have to sell thousands of books to make money with a book? You’ve got a great brilliant book idea, but this little voice inside you says, “it’s hard to be a writer and I’m going to have to become a starving artist… only the pros make money at it.”
People tend to repeat things they hear, regardless of whether they’re true or not. Guess what?! Drop the overwhelmed feeling of thinking you have to sell thousands of books to make money with your book. Good news: Your book is one of your biggest business investments. Here’s how. Your book can help you:
- Establish credibility with clients
- Be known as an “expert” in your field—on websites and social media searches
- Gain influencer status in your industry
- Book speaking events—because now you’re the “credible expert!”
- Get media and press attention
- Create passive income streams from book sales on Amazon and Kindle
- I saved the best for last: You’ll like this one… charge DOUBLE or TRIPLE your current rates. When you’re know as an “excerpt,” yes, you can do this. And people will happily pay you. (Ditch the race to the bottom. Choose your clients and be appreciated for your quality expertise.)
So, those once-winning excuses, like, “a book won’t make me any money,” you once used to justify not-writing your book are no longer valid. True, you shouldn’t write a book if you just want to make money directly from book sales. This can happen, but if it doesn’t you’ll be disappointed and blocked.
Instead, think of it like this, there are WAY more reasons you should write a book than reasons you shouldn’t. It’s like retirement investing for your business, only you’re maximizing the “velocity” of your business dollars way more than your 401K maximizes your earnings. You’ve got all those bullet points listed above as potential money generators. So, there you have it: Your book is your best marketing tool.
If you’re stuck and don’t know where to start, check out my just-launched Book Smackdown (I break the creation process into small, easy peasy, digestible little bites). If you still can’t get yourself to birth your first draft, your bulletproof answer is: Book Smackdown Sanctuary, coming up in October. Check it out. Oh, and, did I mention there’s warm ocean breezes, cocktails and hammocks involved? Yes, this is where “work” becomes pleasurable flow.