One of my first heartbreaking experiences as a mother was to realize that the Mean Girls Grew Up and became the Mean Mommies.
I had hoped they would vanish or at least grow up and mature and take lessons in “nice.” Then my daughter started preschool and it was like a Kindergarten Fashion Show and I realized there’s a whole 2nd Generation of Mean Girls Ainsley will have to face. But, then I thought – at least it’s over after the school years.
Then the 2008 elections began and the Mean Girls took on Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin both, with a vengeance and I thought, No wonder more women aren’t running for office – who the hell wants to repeat Junior High with the Mean Girls?
I know you worry about it too because I get a lot of email pleading, “How do I teach my daughter to handle bullying or being picked on by Mean Girls?”
I can’t wait to read Mean Girls Grown Up! Adult Women Who Are Still Queen Bees, Middle Bees, and Afraid-to-Bees by Cheryl Dellesega don’t care why they are so mean – we all have a million reasons we could be mean, but some of aren’t. I want to know how to stop a Mean Girl Attack, how not to emotionally internalize it and how not to turn into a Mean Girl in defense of myself, my daughter, and other women who have the audacity to lead.
Leave a comment to win, spread the word and get more entries.
1. Twitter Me: @traceesioux and post the link to either a contest post OR a post from the archives and categories you appreciated. Follow me. Come back and leave a comment so I can keep track.
2. Facebook: Add me as your friend and post a link to either a contest post OR a post from the archives you appreciated. Come back and leave a comment so I’ll can keep track.
3. Blogroll: Change Empowering Girls: So Sioux Me links to The Girl Revolution links if I’m already in your blogroll or Add The Girl Revolution to your blogroll.
4. Leave a comment
5. Blog It. You get 1 entry in all 18 contests for any post announcing and linking to The Girl Revolution on your own site. Leave a link to the post.
6. Visit The Girl Revolution Store: Feel free to buy something. If you drop a link to your favorite item you’re entered to win.
7. The Girl Revolution Webazine: Sign up for the Webazine. Leave a comment saying you’re signed up on the prize you like best.
Enter as many times as you like – Just be sure to leave a comment saying what you did. I’ll be announcing prizes all week. Each contest will be announced 7 days after its posted. I’ll email winners directly and announce them in the The Girl Revolution Webazine.