You don’t suck. You aren’t procrastinating. You aren’t lazy. You aren’t a loser. You’re not failing at your goal, resolution, dream.
YOU’RE JUST CRAZY BUSY!
Here’s the thing, you’re not going to write a book, let alone finish one, mired in your real life. You’re drowning in responsibility and exhaustion. You’re juggling a million needy people: your kids, your significant other, your boss, your clients, your business obligations, your parents and other relatives, and a billion other things. Geez, you’re just trying to pay the bills and live your life.
You’re not procrastinating. You’re doggy paddling through thousands of emails, texts, phone calls, appointments to make, maintenance on your house and car, forms to fill out, FB posts to manage, administrating your business, and attempting to maintain a social life. You’re brilliantly managing a calendar that’s just. too. full.
You’re not unmotivated. You’re suffering sensory overwhelm. You’re inundated with information: social media, news, fake news, political strife, massive technology changes every time you blink, uncontrollable weather and global warming and North Korea and so many, many things to keep you up at night, making you clench your teeth and hunch your shoulders waiting for the other shoe to fall.
You’re not a loser. You’re intimidated by the process. You’re lumping all the tasks for “writing a book” into one. You’re lumping the whole thing—researching, writing, editing, designing, publishing and marketing—into “writing a book.” It’s not one thing. The thing you simply must do is get the words on paper. Then you can worry about the other bits. One at a time.
You’re not a bad writer. You’re terrified that your book won’t be good enough. But, here’s the thing: no one—especially a professional writer—would ever publish a first draft. The only thing you need to do to feel good about your book dream is to get that first draft on paper. Barf it out, ramble on, channel it, type random thoughts that somehow go together, you just have to write that first draft.
You’re not failing. You’re just not Super Woman or Batman. You’re looking at this as a process that only YOU have to do. But, it’s not true. The only piece—literally, the only piece—that you have to do is to write the first draft. That’s it. Everything else you can hire a specialist for. There are other people who edit, design, publish and market books professionally. I can turn whatever you put on paper—your ideas, your stories, your professional knowledge—into a really good book you’ll be proud to put your name on.
YOU DON’T SUCK!
The Secret is Focus, Flow & Inspiration
The book within you is ready to live.
Your job is put the words on paper.
You have to get out of your own life
to focus, be inspired & get into flow.
Tracee Sioux is wonderful. I gave her my book, which I had written as a third-person fiction novel and she helped me see that it would be much more powerful if I told the truth. The truth was that this is a memoir or my own life. Though I was afraid to put my stuff out there Tracee really helped me feel good about it. Tracee Sioux is professional and does outstanding work with her clients. She took the time to help me understand the best way to proceed. I have great respect for her abilities!
Janna Phillips author, Out of the Blue: A Psychic’s Memoir
Tracee helped me tap in to the book that I had basically already written in my heart and head. I know my business. I’m knowledgable about my industry. So, really, all I had to do was get into the zone and let it come out of me without worrying about all the intimidating “writing stuff.” This book is getting me publicity and speaking gigs … which leads to more clients! What a great investment!
Anna Koclanes, author, Airb$b Investor Style
A Book is a Business Investment
You don’t have to sell thousands of books
to make money with a book.
- Establish Credibility with clients.
- Show up as the “best in the business” on websites, LinkedIn and in Google searches.
- Establish Expert Status among colleagues and peers.
- Establish Influencer status in your industry.
- Get invited to Speaking Events—you’re now the credible expert.
- Have something to sell at the back of the room.
- Get media & press attention—you have a book which says “I’m the expert.”
- Charge double or triple your current rates—you’re the best in your field.
- In fields like Real Estate, stand out as the better, more knowledgable and serious professional in an economy of fierce competition.
- Passive income from book sales on Amazon and Kindle.
That book is yours. It must be born.
The world needs your book.
It wouldn’t be begging you to write it if you weren’t the best person for the job.
We’re in desperate need of light, innovation, inspiration and new ideas.
But, if you don’t write it, that book will go find someone else who is more willing.
Don’t surrender your book to someone else.
Tracee really held my hand through the writing of my book and kept me on task. Her way of helping writers let their books flow out of them is crazy cool. This book is really going to establish me as an expert in real estate and grow my business.
Leysa Maree Wells, Appreciation! How to use your vision, values and the 4 secrets to achieve victory in real estate.
write. write. write. write. write
Write. Write. Write. Write.
This is a working retreat.
Our only true focus is to focus.
20,000 – 30,000 words is the goal.
The book is written start to finish.
We will not be editing (that’s a totally different thing).
We will be ENJOYING the process.
Short Short Workshops
This isn’t a typical writing retreat. We won’t be spending the week talking about craft and grammar. We will be writing. Still, I’m not going to leave you hanging. We will have daily short workshops (1 hour or less). Materials will be provided.
- Rules: I have some really easy rules which will make writing a book in a week possible. If you follow the rules you’ll do great. If you stray, that’s okay, (but your results are on you not me).
- Intentions: We’ll set intentions at the beginning. Be prepared to share what your book is about and what you want to accomplish.
- Books to Grow Your Business: I’ll teach you why writing a book will increase your business. I’ll teach you how it will increase your income, give you access to free publicity, make you an influencer in your field, establish you as an expert in your industry, and get you speaking gigs.
- Next Steps: Nothing can happen without a first draft. But, what then? Book-making is an extensive process. So we’ll talk about the 5 Stages of Book-Making: research, writing, editing, publishing, marketing.
- Publishing: Gone are the days when your only option is a traditional publisher. I’m going to share what your options are—pros and cons—in today’s publishing market.
- Marketing: Once you have a published book your work has barely begun. I’ll give you helpful marketing tactics that you can implement to actually SELL books and get people to read it.
- Collaboration: We’ll meet in groups every now and then to get help from the Hive Mind. There’s always a solution, you just haven’t thought of it yet.
I liked my book the way I love my favorite sweater. It’s a bit worn and scratchy, but it keeps me warm. My book was like that before Tracee helped me bring my characters to life. My book reads so smoothy now, instead of a scratchy wool sweater it feels like a silk shirt.
Will Clark, author, Jasper: Saving Grace
exquisit & sublime
- Our hosts are world-renowned healers, Laura Segro and Isaac Oceguera, of Euphoric Yoga and Wellness.
- Casa Sophia (House of Wisdom) is our writing sanctuary.
- Get cozy in beautiful ranch house nestled on a Mayan Ranch in the Yucatan Jungle.
- Watch monkeys swing in the trees while you write.
- Akumal, Mexico is along the Maya Riviera, the most tantalizing beaches in the world.
- Swim with the giant, ancient sea turtles at Tortuga Bahía, or Turtle Bay.
- Savor authentic Mexican and Mayan delicacies.
- Absorb the mystical energy of the Mayan Ruins in Tulum.
- Learn to enter flow and let the words flow through you.
- Open yourself to flow with morning yoga.
- Open your sleeping self to creative inspiration with evening meditation.
- Relax as you experience intuitive healing massage.
- Take in an insightful crystal chakra healing and tarot reading.
- Souvenir hunt in Playa del Carmen.
- Rub shoulders with the rich & famous in swanky Tulum.
- Write your brains out!
I first met Tracee when I read her book The Year of Yes. I was so impressed I had to meet her in person!! Tracee has been a GodSend! As I became ready to publish my book of poetry Rumi Would Have Laughed, Tracee stepped up and gave me the kick in the butt I needed to make it happen. She inspires me!!! She made it so effortless!! I am so grateful for Tracee!!! Writing this book wouldn’t have happened so easily, gracefully and playfully without Tracee!!! Thank you!!
Win Hampton, author of Rumi Would Have Laughed
Travel, Accommodations & FAQs
Tracee has an uncanny ability to bring what’s inside you to the forefront so that you can perform your best work. It’s not about structure and craft. It’s about letting the sacred creativity come through you and land on the page. Tracee makes it so easy!
Robert Devereaux, author of Deadweight
Refunds and Cancellations: Refund less deposit ($1,000) before July 30, 2018. No refunds after July 30, 2017. In case of cancellation, you may transfer your deposit or your reservation to another person as long as you notify Sioux Ink 21+ days in advance. In case of cancellation by Sioux Ink, you will receive a full refund of all funds received by Sioux Ink. Due to arrangements made with our sanctuary hosts, there can be no exceptions to this policy. Participants will be required to sign a liability waiver to participate. If you place a deposit, and desire a payment plan the balance due will be set to charge in equal installments starting the month after deposit through August 31, 2018, unless other arrangements are made.
We HIGHLY recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance. Travel insurance companies like TRAVEL GUARD offer policies that insure your investment in case you need to cancel (including optional “cancel for any reason” coverages), coverages for expenses incurred due to to weather & travel delays, personal property loss and emergency travel medical. Please review policies carefully to choose the coverage you need.
We recommend that you purchase trip insurance in case you need to cancel your trip and/or flights AND for travel / Medical insurance. Travel Guard is one provider of this insurance. Please note that travel insurance may need to be purchased within a limited window of reserving your trip or purchasing airline tickets. Please click for details.